Support Worker - Ferndown, Dorset - £10.45 per hour - Driver with own vehicle required
Voyage Care is seeking exceptional Support Workers in Ferndown, Dorset to support an individual with Learning Disabilities, Autism and complex care needs in his own home. Promoting independence, Support Workers assist the People we Support to lead a fulfilling life by enabling them to participate in day to day tasks and social activities.
This is a brand-new service for Voyage Care and as such we are currently looking for around 4 support workers at the moment. You will be supporting a man in his early 20's whilst he lives at home. The person we support at this service has complex care needs including Epilepsy, Learning Disabilities and Autism.
You will be supporting this gentleman with personal care, seizure management, accessing the local community and learning new skills.
Benefits to a career with Voyage Care:
- Competitive rates of pay
- A clearly defined career path if you want it
- A mixture of in-house training and nationally recognised qualifications (such as the level 3 in Health & Social Care) fully paid for by us
- Paid DBS & Holidays
- Life assurance & Pension Scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Blue Light Card
- Recommend a Friend scheme which rewards £500 - £2000 T&Cs apply
- A driver with their own vehicle is essential for this role
- Flexibility. This is a shift-based role that will include working on weekends and bank holidays so flexibility is essential. Shift lengths are usually 10 - 12 hours and weekend working is every other weekend.
- You must live within a commutable distance of the service (no more than 25 minutes away)
- Previous experience working with adults with learning disabilities
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and a genuine desire to help people
- The ability to work well within a small, close knit team
- The ability to work to robust, clear guide lines
Previous experience working with individuals with epilepsy and knowledge of complex/challenging behaviour.
The individuals we support at this service enjoy a lot of community access, so confidence in supporting is essential. We are therefore looking for Support Workers with previous experience who can hit the ground running. However we will still provide a full training programme that is specific to the needs of the individuals we support.
You'll join the team working on a rota that includes early, late, weekend and bank holiday shifts. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So make a great career move.
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have an in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
To ensure we keep both the people we support and our workforce safe, it is a requirement that all frontline staff who work for Voyage Care are willing to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
- Personal Care
- Learning Disabilities