About The Role
Role: Support Worker
Location: Llangfelach, Swansea.
Salary: Up to£26,691 - £27,826depending on experience based on 39 hours on shift, and an average of 3 sleep ins per week.*£9.50 per hour and £55 per sleep ins*
It takes a special type of person to dedicate their career to supporting others. Your patience, empathy and caring nature make you the ideal person to support the young people who reside at our home inLlangfelach.
Much of your role will be spent supporting vulnerable young people who have either experienced childhood trauma, are struggling with their mental health, or a combination of both. Youll support them as they work through these experiences, with the goal to move back home, into foster care or towards independence. On good days, youll take them on day trips, help them prepare meals and make sure theyre getting out and about enjoying some of Wales beautiful countryside.
Sometimes, if the person youre supporting is having a hard day, youll need to support and keep them safe whilst they calm down. its ok though, youll be given all the training you need. There will be hard days, but the good days make it all worthwhile.
A day in the life of a Support Worker with Priority Childcare Involves:
- Providing the highest quality care to the children and young people wesupport;
- Ensuring the physical and emotional needs of children and young people are met through the development and maintenance of a supportive and caringenvironment;
- Promoting individuals independence by supporting with a range of educational, social and work-basedactivities;
- Working with families and partner organisations to ensure support is personalised to meet individualneeds;
- Maintaining accurate record keeping of all activities, progress, and incidents should theyarise;
- Undertaking general housekeeping duties, including mealpreparation;
To be a successful Support Worker with Priority Childcare, youll need:
- A can-do attitude, resilient and reliablenature;
- Previous care experience preferred but not essential.
- To hold a current valid driverslicense;
- Compassion andempathy;
- Enthusiasm to promote independence &choice;
- The ability to work flexibly.
In return for your Skills and Expertise, youll receive:
- An annual salary of £26,691 - £27,826 per annum depending on experience based on 39 hourson shift, and an average of 3 sleep ins per week.
- Paid comprehensive induction programme, DBS and Social Care Walesregistration;
- 218.4 hours annual leave allowance inclusive of bankholidays;
- Paid training for your QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Carequalifications;
- Company pensionscheme;
- Career progressionopportunities;
- Eligibility for a Blue Light Card for additional discounts.
Priority Childcare is part of Orbis Group. Priority Childcare specialises in working with young people accommodated by the local authority whose complex needs and challenging behaviour require a supporting residential environment to achieve positive outcomes.
Young people can feel safe and secure assisted by experienced staff and in an environment that helps them come to terms with their emotional psychological and physical needs.If you want to make a difference to children's lives, then we would love to receive your application for the Care Assistant role. Please click Apply and submit your CV today!
- Child Care
- Positive Attitude