We are looking for a confident Care & Support Worker with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You’ll be working 42 hours a week (days only), making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Boden Street, one of our Supported Living Services.
We support individuals with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and behaviours that challenge. Individuals are supported to hold their own tenancy agreement with a registered housing association. Individuals who are interested in living here may have previously been detained within a hospital setting and are ready for a step down placement within their local community.
Meet One Of Our Residents...
"I have a number of health needs which require me to have 24 hours 1:1 support to help keep me stay safe. I am diagnosed with a learning disability. I would like help you to assist me to keep my apartment clean.
Talk and communicate with me, give me explanations of what we are doing or reasons why we cannot do certain things. It is very important for my support staff to interact with me, to treat me as an adult and engage with me; including sharing my interests-help me to find new activities.
Accompany me to the disco or any other venue I would like to go to help me be involved in my local community. Cook with me and if possible eat your meal with me as I will tend not eat if my support workers do not eat with me.
I like to look nice and I would like you to help me to maintain my appearance and personal hygiene. I do need lots of encouragement to take care of myself such as showering and brushing my teeth.
I like to keep within boundaries although I am friendly please treat me with respect and if you want something please ask me and never use my things (i.e.: toilet) without obtaining my ok first."
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all the people in our care
- Provide guidance & encouragement through physical & emotional support
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs & provide help in the most appropriate way
- Assist with medical & welfare needs
- Report on medical & welfare needs as required
- Maintain a safe, clean environment for all
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Opportunities for further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Flexible working with the opportunity for overtime
- Regular coaching & appraisal
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Recruitment referrals
- Genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- An excellent communicator & a good team player
- Sensitive & intuitive with the energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating & varied environment
- Passionate about empowering & supporting service user independence
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To apply, please email your CV directly to [ Email address blocked ]
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Mental Health