Leo Xander are currently looking for multiple Synthetic Organic Chemists to join our expanding Client based in Cheshire.
A leading and growing contract research organisation is looking to add to its Contract Research and medicinal chemistry teams for multiple custom synthesis projects on small, lab projects up to 20 litre in scale.
Candidates will be working closely along side our current CR team. Candidates will also be working on FTE projects, synthesising compound libraries for testing in medicinal chemistry lead and identification optimisation programs. This will include the handling and synthesis of highly potent active pharmaceutical compounds.
Prior experience in a high potency laboratory facility is preferred as the client also offers multiple synthesis’. This includes but is not limited to the synthesis of hormones, opioids, prostaglandins, controlled psychoactive and cytotoxic oncology small molecules of which are associated with Antibody drug conjugates (ADCs)
* Educated to a BSc/MChem degree level is required
* Previous experience in a practical organic chemistry setting required
* Qualified in a Chemistry based subject to PhD level is highly desirable
* Prior experience in Pharmaceutical, Life sciences or agrochemical sectors is desirable
* Any prior experience in medicinal chemistry drug design or the synthesis of high potency small molecules is preferred
In return the company is willing to offer a competitive salary, contribution to pension scheme and many other statutory benefits.Please get in touch if you have any interest in this role!
Salary: £25k - £35k Per Annum
Job Type: Permanent