This is a great opportunity for an experienced PhD chemist wanting to take on the challenge of leading a team in the research and development of synthetic routes for exciting and novel agrochemicals! This role offers the chance to develop your team leadership and project management skills, whilst retaining a ‘hands-on’ approach in the lab.
You will be involved in constructively mentoring a small team of PhD chemists, alongside problem-solving, developing strategies and working in collaboration with the company HQ in Belgium.
* Apply broad technical experience and knowledge to support and coach the team to deliver target project compounds
* Actively contribute to lead generation and lead project strategy, pushing to generate key data to progress projects
* Conceive, develop and implement new methodologies that significantly impact project success
* Devise efficient and versatile routes within the most complex and challenging chemical areas
* Communicate complex results and knowledge within project team and work with internal and external collaborators
* Utilise available resources to optimise productivity
Essential Background and Preferred Experience:
An ideal opportunity for an experienced PhD synthetic chemist with excellent leadership and communication skills!
* PhD/Post Doc Chemist with significant industry experience
* Industrial experience working in agrochemicals or pharma with emphasis on R&D principles
* Previous experience in agrochemical research is desirable but not essential
* Experience leading and developing others through coaching and mentoring
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with key business partners and collaborators.
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Able to relate to core company values of: Fun, Respect, Ambition, Teamwork, Innovation, Flexibility, Family!
Key Words: synthetic organic chemistry, synthesis, chemist, organic chemistry, small molecule, leadership, supervision, Team Leader, project development, communication, Cheshire, Manchester, North West, VRS7027BH
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website
Coaching And Mentoring