Domus are currently recruiting on behalf of the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, seeking a dedicated Team Leader to provide support and care for physically disabled adults in a friendly and safe home.
You will supervise & deploy staff within their allocated team, ensuring the provision of care, personal support, daily living tasks & activities with customers in residential care settings.
To assist the Service Manager, Deputy Manager and other colleagues to support individual customers to attain their full potential and maximise the options available, encouraging choice, participation and motivation.
• Fair and competitive pay rates.
• Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
• Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
• Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
• Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
• Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Team Leader - Responsibilities:
• The Team Leader will work as part of the management team to promote person centered support and to support the staff team. Your working week will be split between direct support and management time.
• You will work alongside the Support Manager to ensure that our staff are providing excellent support to the people that we work with.
• As a Team Leader, you will play a key role in the day to day management of the service(s).
• You will provide support and supervision to the team of support staff, be key to managing the rota and ensuring staff are fully trained, and provide on the job coaching, feedback, and act as a role model.
• You will work alongside the Support Manager and staff team to ensure that people's support plans are up to date, and reflect their wishes and aspirations through their person-centered plans.
• Team Leaders will also take part in an on call rota to ensure that our staff have access to support when it is needed.
Team Leader - skills required:
• A level of professional development and registration as indicated by purchaser (this may include a VQ level 3 in Health and Social Care Adults/Children or Young people, or Learning Disability or L4 VQ in team leading or management or other similar qualification), dependent on location.
• Prior experience of working in a relevant care setting.
• Prior experience of supervising a team of staff.
• If working at a Support-at-Home service, to be able to travel to cover work allocated on the rota.
• A full, clean driving license (if required to drive).
• To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and be prepared to participate in an on-call rota as required.
• Knowledge of people who use our services self-advocacy and empowerment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself : Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Team Leader vacancy, please call Michael on [Click here to apply]
quoting ref MW-TLG-6707 or email your CV to [Click here to apply]
Key Words: Senior Support Worker, Team Leader, Supported Living, Learning Disabilities, Godalming.