Role: Team Leader - Permanent
Salary: £19,461.00 per annum
Search Consultancy is seeking experienced Team Leaders to work on a permanent basis to provide the highest quality of care and support to our client's residential service which supports young adults aged 16 to 35 years based in the outskirts of Glasgow.
Whilst the young adults primary diagnosis is of a learning disability, there may also be present a secondary diagnosis of mental health or autism issues and behaviours with challenges.
The role of the Team Leader is an opportunity for a pro-active Team Leader to join an evolving Care Company. We are looking for dedicated and empathetic people for this service. The Team Leader will provide practical assistance and emotional support to empower their team in supporting Service Users to achieve their goals and aspirations.Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Demonstrate positive, proactive and organised people skills, that will support and develop the skills of the Support Workers. This will include recruitment, induction, supervisions, annual appraisals, training, coaching, rota management and sickness and absence management.
* Take the lead to help Support Workers understand their responsibilities and by doing so ensure that safe, effective, caring, responsive and well lead support and care is delivered at all times.
* Support the Deputy and Service Manager in managing transitions into and away from the service. You will be able to liaise professionally with all outside professional agencies, and ensure that all information is shared appropriately.
* Ensure that all Service Users have person centred support/care plans.
* Ensure person-centred support is at the heart of everything you do
Due to the nature of the role, a minimum 1 years' experience as a Supervisor/Team Leader in care is essential and experience with challenging behaviours, autism and/or learning disabilities is also essential. SSSC Registration will be required, in addition to a driving licence essential for this post due to the remote location of the service.
Our client offers a clear development plan, which includes a detailed training plan for all elements of the role, personal development plan, induction process, and ongoing supervision and appraisals.
If you have a strong, professional background, and have strength of character then please get in touch to discuss this opportunity further!
Take your career to the next level (Agy)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.