Team Leader of District Nursing
Ormskirk, West Lancashire
Are you a thoughtful and experienced Registered Nurse based in the Lancashire area with experience of managing a team? Are you looking to work in a community environment offering you more flexibility and a work/life balance and an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall “good” or “outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission? Then this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Band 6 District Nurse Team leader you’ll be working as part of the West Lancashire Adult Community where we deliver exemplary services to the homes of service users, along with those in care homes in the local community.
You will receive AfC 20/21 salary and terms and conditions including an NHS pension.
As well as AfC terms and conditions, you’ll have access to exclusive rewards and benefits including
* Laptop and Mobile enabling fantastic flexible working patterns that can help you lead a perfect work/life balance
* MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges and access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
* We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them. No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go.
* A committed Learning and Development team who work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression
* Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
* Strive for Better networks - a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
* Opportunities to work in different areas and various services to gain new knowledge and experience
* Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work. You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
* Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
* Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
As a District Nurse Team Leader within our West Lancashire community services, you will be responsible for a defined case load, ensuring the training of staff members is compliant and up to date, complete safety huddles and handovers and having the responsibility of supporting the District Nurse for the day.
You will work as an effective team member to actively contribute to public health initiatives, including health needs assessments and projects to meet identified needs. Our District Nursing team deliver services across the region including wider community services and two Urgent Care centres that have recently been rated as Good! You may also be required to provide operational management in absence of the team leader giving you an opportunity for continual professional development.
You will be a qualified registered nurse with a current NMC membership with experience of working within adult services and ideally in the community. You will have a full driving licence, with access to a vehicle for work purposes. Our District Nurses are also required to commit to 1 in every 3 weekends as this is a 7-day service.
Feel the Difference
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are a progressive, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.