CK Group are recruiting for a Technical Specialist to join an assay development service at their site in Southampton. This position is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
Our clients are experts in real-time PCR, a molecular biology technique for detecting the presence of DNA/RNA and quantifying it. They have customers in many different industries including academia, research, healthcare, food industry and the veterinary industry selling to over 130 countries worldwide. Last year they launched a range of assays and products to support the need for mass COVID-19 testing. Due to the emergence of new variants of the virus, they are seeking a scientist to support their surveillance programme, ensuring that their testing products continue to provide 100% detection and to track and identify the emergence of new variants as they arise.
Technical Specialist Role:
The main purpose of this role is to conduct product failure and QC investigations, undertake validation activities and testing for product components. You will develop new manufacturing methods approaches and processes and establish product performance measures.
- Delivering discrete work packages within projects
- Providing expert technical support and problem solving to the manufacturing function
- Helping to identify alternative raw materials and advising on their suitability
- Supporting the establishment of performance evaluation testing
To be considered as a Technical Specialist, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience of working within a laboratory production environment
- Problem-solving ability, experimental planning and adaptability
- Good scientific knowledge of PCR and the ability to apply knowledge to resolve manufacturing issues
- Knowledge of QMS, quality procedures
This role represents a chance for you to make a real difference to the future healthcare industry as well as build on your skills and wider network.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 50173
Complex Problem Solving