NURSING ROLE - SUPPORT THE NHS THROUGH THIS COVID-19 PANDEMIC WITH TELEPHONE PATIENT ASSESSMENTS AND TRIAGE
For over 6 years Hays Healthcare have been the primary supplier of clinicians to the NHS ambulance service based across the North West. We are currently recruiting for a unique nursing role which has been created to help the ambulance service manage the vast number of 999 calls being taken because in part due to the Covid-19 outbreak. This opportunity presents a fresh challenge, ideal for nurses wanting to broaden their clinical skills and a non-patient facing environment.
Your new company
Working with one of the biggest ambulance services in England, you will be based in the Clinical Hub at either their Liverpool, Preston and Manchester call centre sites. Operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We require Nurse Practitioner hours covering throughout the night night and weekends ensuring you have the flexibility to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Your new role as Nurse Practitioner
You will be fully integrated into the Clinical Hub team, where you will undergo industry leading training and mentorship, whilst still enjoying the benefits of being employed on an agency basis. Your role will be to speak with patients that have called 999 but may not necessarily need an ambulance dispatch and ED admission, using your professional clinical knowledge you will provide immediate access to clinical advice on their condition or illness, and sign post to appropriate services.
What you'll need to succeed as a Nurse Practitioner
- The ideal candidate for this role will ideally have experience in emergency or urgent care roles, and experience within telephone triage
- A current NMC nursing registration and be willing to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week
- You must be able to complete the 1-2 weeks training period
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working options available.
- Paid training and preceptorship (includes training on decision support software)
- An opportunity to enhance your professional development
- A single point of contact at Hays from an industry expert
- Excellent pay rates via PAYE or Umbrella options
- Weekly Payroll, free DBS check, mandatory training and pathology services
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Email me jobs like these
We'll send jobs matching these to
If you click this button, we will send daily emails featuring similar jobs (Nurse - Manchester) .