Our client, based near Saffron Walden, is looking for a Test Technician to join their team of experienced Medical Device testing experts. Based in our client’s laboratories and workshops, the role will report to the Device Testing Project Manager. Our client is looking for someone who can apply creative problem-solving skills in a focused and methodical way in their laboratories and workshops.
Initially, this role will perform test work according to established test methods and protocols, but as your experience and understanding of medical devices develops, you will also be involved in developing and validating new test approaches. It is an exciting time to join our client’s Device Testing group as their onsite laboratory and workshop facilities are rapidly expanding and improving to meet the needs of their growing business.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Providing hands-on testing support to client project teams to enable our client to deliver on medical device development and testing milestones.
* Technical and functional testing of medical devices at all stages of the development process, from early concept through to formal validation and verification. Device testing typically includes physical and environmental stress conditioning, detailed inspections, physical dimensional measurements, force and torque testing.
* Following health and safety procedures and guidelines to ensure safe working with hazardous chemicals and pharmaceutical formulations.
* Producing consistently high standard of test work in accordance with project requirements.
* Producing test data analysis and interpretation, and presenting findings to the project team.
* Supporting the project team with document preparation in accordance with project requirements e.g. test methods, test protocols, and reports.
It is essential that candidates have:
* The ability to follow detailed protocols and perform test work according to strict quality requirements
* The ability to assist with performing and documenting experiments
* The ability to uphold Health and Safety practices and policies
* Prior experience of working in a test laboratory or workshop.
* Good understanding of good laboratory principles as described by GxP.
* Prior experience of conducting testing of physical / mechanical properties and function of products.
* Experience of working within a medical product testing laboratory.
* A good relevant degree or equivalent experience.
* Experience in handling potentially hazardous pharmaceutical formulations, reagents, or chemicals.
Due to the location, it would be beneficial to have your own transport