Theatre Practitioner | Scrub / Anaesthetic / Recovery | Band 5/6 dependent on experience | Norwich | Full Time or part-time | No Nights | Funded SFA course.
This is a great time to join the theatre team at Spire Norwich as the service expands and offers excellent opportunities for the right person to grow along with the department.
Spire Norwich Hospital holds a long-standing reputation for providing high quality, comprehensive private hospital care. Our facilities are excellent and the hospital is staffed by a valued team of highly skilled professionals.
We have 3 theatres, 2 wards, comprising 50 beds, and deliver a range of outpatient services through our busy and dynamic outpatient and diagnostic imaging departments providing a progressive and stimulating environment for our highly motivated team
Duties and responsibilities:
You will support across a variety of operations including Orthopaedics, ENT, CosmeticSurgeryand Gynae.
- Funded CPD and SFA courses.
- Prepare patients forsurgery
- Review patient charts and confirm data
- Ensure medical equipment needed forsurgeryis available
- Pass medical equipment/s to the surgeon
- Monitor patient's condition duringsurgery
- CoverAnaestheticduties as and when required
- Supporting patients through their recovery period post-surgery
Who we're looking for:
- Registered Nurse or Operating DepartmentPractitionerwithexperience in either scrub, anaesthetic or recovery.
- Experience of working in teams and with minimum supervision
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration/practitionerqualification
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sarema on [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications