This role is based at a leading private hospital on the outskirts of Gloucester. They have 3 fully equipped theatres, with a 6 bedded recovery, particularly suitable for orthopaedic procedures, a dedicated endoscopy unit, and 12 outpatient consulting rooms with associated examination and treatment facilities. Other outpatient facilities include physiotherapy, pharmacy, audiology, xray, ultrasound, visiting MRI and CT.
As a key member of the Senior Clinical Team, the Theatre Manager will be integral to the delivery of the strategic vision and plan for the hospital, as well as accountable for the customer/stakeholder and financial results for theatre.
Reporting to the Hospital Matron, the Theatre Manager will:-
- Provide leadership and management for all of the theatre staff
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders both internally within Ramsay Health Care and externally e.g. consultants, suppliers, local NHS Trusts
- Build effective controls for the monitoring and management of the nursing, ODP and HCA staff, and deliver effective action plans for continuous skills improvement
- Ensure the Key Performance Indicator targets are achieved by the theatre department
- Provide effective deployment of resources needed to sustain agreed activity levels
- Build effective controls for the monitoring and management of clinical records
- Lead clinically based projects in the development of the hospital services and specialities
The ideal candidate will have:-
- A strong clinical background in an acute hospital setting
- Professional Registration with the NMC/HCPC
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A strong track record and evidence of delivering a change agenda to enhance quality and efficiency
- Significant exposure in a senior clinical role to external stakeholders such as consultants, and the broader health care community
- A strong track record in leading and developing a successful, efficient team and being part of that team
- Tertiary qualification in management or experience in a managerial role
- Experience and confidence in managing finances and budgets including evidence of where they have effectively balanced cost and delivery of Key Performance Indicators
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legal and professional care/practice standards and evidence of ongoing professional development.
Competitive salary, life assurance, healthcare insurance, contributory pension scheme, use of subsidised restaurant, uniform, free car parking and a commitment to your personal and professional development.
If you would like further information, please call Wednesday Holder on [Click here to apply] or email
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.