Theatre Practitioner | Anaesthetic | Band 5 | Sutton | Fully Funded Training Programmes | Full Time
Spire St Anthony’s Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an Anaesthetic Theatre Practitioner to join our experienced and dynamic team, work within safe COVID pathways and benefit from our fully funded training programs and excellent IPC support. We have five surgical operating theatres, one hybrid theatre, an endoscopy suite and in house Sterile services. We cover a wide range of specialties and procedure including complex ortho/spinal, cardiac, paeds, uro/gynae, general/lap/colorectal etc. There is an 8 bedded ITU department adjacent to theatres providing care and accommodating more complex patients. There is an opportunity for developmental training courses and progression opportunities.
Founded in 1904, Spire St Anthony's Hospital delivers care through skilled and dedicated staff working together. With a completed £27m development investment, we provide very high-quality healthcare to patients around Sutton, Epsom, Surrey and South London.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide exemplary planned care for patients and assist in the management and organization of care provision in the operating theatre.
- Prepare the anesthetic room for surgery in relation to equipment and supplies required for specific procedures.
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way
- Perform anesthetic duties across a range of specialties
Who we're looking for:
- You will be an HCPC registered ODP or an NMC Registered Nurse with a recognized Anaesthetic module.
- Ideally, you will have ALS or ILS however training & courses can be offered.
- Excellent communication and organization is key to continue our high standards of patient care.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Elena Tsoneva on 07921 065 874 or email [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Advanced Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified