Recovery Practitioner | Theatre | Band 5/6 equivalent | Flexible hours – no nights or Sundays| Fully Funded Training Programs
Spire Harpenden has an exciting and rewarding full time opportunity for a Recovery Practitioner to join their team.
Spire Harpenden Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from London and its northern counties - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. As the largest employer in Harpenden, the hospital prides itself in offering excellence in clinical quality, customer service and cleanliness. We have 5 state of the art Theatres and modern Surgical and Day Care Wards covering all major surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology, plastics and medical patients amongst others.
Duties and responsibilities
- A Recovery Practitioner will assess patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient’s needs in an extremely busy department
- Prepping the recovery bays and of course, looking after patients after their surgery
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
- Promote best practice in health and safety and security
Who we're looking for
- You will be a Registered Nurse or ODP; with previous experience within recovery
- You will be an enthusiastic, dedicated team player who is also used to working under minimum supervision
- ALS and Airway Maintenance certifications would be desirable, though not essential – Training opportunities are available
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine Lowers @ [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Patient Health Questionnaires
Advanced Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified