Theatre Practitioner| Endoscopy and Recovery/Scrub | Band 6/7 equivalent salary – dependent on experience |Chatham
Spire Alexandra Hospital has a unique but exciting opportunity for a multi skilled theatre Practitioner to join their enthusiastic and committed team. This role is based mainly in the Endoscopy department but will require cover in Theatres either In a Scrub or Recovery capacity as and when required.
The Spire Alexandra hospital is located in Kent approximately eight miles from Maidstone and five miles from Chatham. We offer everything from health screening and checks, to acute and minor surgery through to professional recovery and rehabilitation. Our facilities boast two laminar flow theatres and 32 beds across two ward areas, an endoscopy suite, imaging department, physiotherapy and outpatient consulting rooms. Our outpatient department is open six days a week, including evenings, offering flexible appointments for patients
Duties and responsibilities
- Caring for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures
- Providing exemplary planned care for patients within the perioperative stage
- Assisting in the management and organisation of care provision within the Scrub/Recovery team in the operating department
- Acting as either Scrub/Recovery Practitioner across a range of clinical specialities.
- Working across multi-disciplinary teams
- Assessing patient needs, implementing and evaluating their care.
Who we're looking for:
- NMC or HCPC registered Practitioner with no restriction on practice
- Recent/current experience within Endoscopy
- Current experience as a Scrub/Recovery Practitioner
- Experience of working in teams and with minimum supervision
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration/practitioner qualification
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine Lowers @ [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications