Scrub Practitioner | Band 5/6 equivalent | Funded SFA course | Tollerton, Nottingham | Full time or part time; Monday – Saturday | No nights
As part of our expansion at Spire Nottingham Hospital, we are looking for Scrub Practitioners to join our outstanding team. We offer funded courses and CPD to ensure you reach your full potential and no nights means you regain your work / life balance.
Spire Nottingham Hospital is the only CQC Outstanding rated private hospital in Nottinghamshire and we are committed to delivering excellent individual care from the first time a patient contacts us until after their treatment is complete. Our state of the art, purpose built hospital located in Tollerton, has 42 private ensuite rooms, 4 theatres including a hybrid theatre, a minor ops suite in Outpatients, 11 day case beds, endoscopy suite, on-site MRI, CT, X-ray, ultrasound and mammography, physiotherapy, pharmacy and 300 free car parking spaces.
Duties and responsibilities:
Working as part of this friendly and supportive team you can expect to assist patients undergoing a wide variety of elective procedures such as orthopaedics, neuro, general, ENT, gynae, plastics, ophthalmic and urology. Spire Nottingham also has a dedicated Cardiology service treating minor and complex conditions. You will be expected to provide excellent patient care and carry out scrub duties to a varied caseload of patients. We also offer the SFA course fully funded as part of this role, and support staff with any additional training they feel suitable for their role.
Who we're looking for:
- You must be a Registered Nurse or ODP with a valid pin with no restrictions.
- Ideally you will have experience in scrubbing for spine and orthopaedic cases
- You must have experience of being in a theatre setting and an understanding of the role – we are happy to accept applicants who have had this experience on placement
- Anaesthetic and or recovery skills would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Rebecca on rebecca.o’[ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications