Scrub Practitioner | Ophthalmic Scrub| Equivalent Band 6/7 | Leeds | Flexible hours, Training & Development – Surgical 1st Assist Course/ALS
Spire Leeds has a fantastic opportunity for a Scrub practitioner to help lead the ophthalmology scrub team and work closely with our theatre manager who is also a trainer and educator.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay, just ten minutes from Leeds City Centre, has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region’s largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has rated many of the specialist services at Spire Leeds as ‘Outstanding’.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful Theatre Practitioner will assist in Consultant led surgeries that vary in complexity and specialism. As a Theatre Scrub Practitioner, you will assess patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, and develop care plans that are appropriate to the patient, taking into consideration the care pathway, perioperative risks and their wellbeing.
Who we're looking for
- Be NMC registered or HCPC Registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 2 years post-graduation and Hospital experience.
- Have been employed in a Surgical/Theatre setting & Ophthalmology
- Newly qualified applicants welcome – full induction programme available for a Band 5 equivalent role.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Grace Little [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Patient Health Questionnaires