Theatre Opportunities | Spire Edinburgh | Highly Competitive Salary Plus Joining Bonus! | Full or Part Time Considered
Spire Edinburgh are offering the opportunity for experienced Theatre Practitioners to join our team, with the opportunity to work across both of our Edinburgh sites. We have a supportive and knowledgeable department, where our team covers a whole range of surgery including major orthopaedics, ophthalmology and procedures within our JAG accredited Endoscopy suite.
We prefer our theatre staff to be as mutli-skilled as possible, so ideally you will be able to work across scrub, anaesthetics and/or recovery, but many of our staff specialise in just one or two areas. Most importantly our theatre staff are experienced in a variety of surgical procedures, or are willing to learn new procedures and techniques under expert supervision.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare an operating theatre/anaesthetic room/endoscopy suite for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures. In the case of anaesthetics ensure all necessary and emergency equipment is available and in working order
- Expectation to participate in audits
Who we're looking for:
- HCPC / NMC registered
- Understanding of scrub roles and theatres
- Experience or interested in Recovery
- Advanced Life support certificate or willing to attend course
- Willing to work collaboratively (good team player)
- Planning and organisation
- Concern for standards
- Problem solving and continuous improvement
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Jessica at [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Surgical Procedures
- Continuous Improvement Process
- Advanced Life Support
- Emergency Handling