Theatre Practitioner – anaesthetics or recovery| Band 5/6 equivalent | Funded SFA course | Full time or part time; Monday – Saturday | No nights
As part of our expansion at Spire Nottingham Hospital, we are looking for Anaesthetic and Recovery Theatre Practitioners to join our outstanding team. We offer funded courses and CPD to ensure you reach your full potential and no nights means you regain your work / life balance.
Spire Nottingham Hospital is the only CQC Outstanding rated private hospital in Nottinghamshire and we are committed to delivering excellent individual care from the first time a patient contacts us until after their treatment is complete. Our state of the art, purpose built hospital located in Tollerton, has 42 private ensuite rooms, 4 theatres including a hybrid theatre, a minor ops suite in Outpatients, 11 day case beds, endoscopy suite, on-site MRI, CT, X-ray, ultrasound and mammography, physiotherapy, pharmacy and 300 free car parking spaces.
Duties and responsibilities:
Working as part of this friendly and supportive team you can expect to assist patients undergoing a wide variety of elective procedures such as orthopaedics, neuro, general, ENT, gynae, plastics, ophthalmic and urology. Spire Nottingham also has a dedicated Cardiology service treating minor and complex conditions.
- We offer the SFA course fully funded.
- Prepare patients for surgery
- Caring for patients after surgery and recovering from sedation
- Review patient charts and confirm data
- Ensure medical equipment needed for surgery is available
- Follow surgeon's directions
- Pass medical equipment/s to the surgeon
- Monitor patient's condition during surgery
Who we're looking for:
We are keen to develop talent and offer excellent career progression for recently qualified Theatre Practitioners who have a strong interest in developing their careers.
- Qualified ODP or Registered Nurse with anaesthetic or recovery experience.
- NMC or HCPC Registration
- Recently qualified Theatre Practitioners are welcome to apply
- Orthopaedic or ENT experience would be desirable, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and dedication to patient care
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Hardworking And Dedicated