Scrub Theatre Practitioner | Band 6 | Southend | Full Time | Flexible Working Hours | Fully funded training programs and career progression opportunities
Spire Wellesley Hospital has an opportunity for a Scrub Theatre Practitioner to join our experienced and dynamic team, work within safe COVID pathways and benefit from our fully funded training programs and excellent IPC support.
Spire Wellesley offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from across Essex. We believe it's our people that really set us apart, from the very best medical professionals, to our attentive and highly experienced support staff.
The Wellesley has 3 Theatres (2 laminar flow) and an endoscopy unit, a 33 bedded Surgical Ward covering a wide variety of specialties including Orthopaedics, Bariatrics, General Surgery, Vascular, Plastics, Gynae, Ophthalmology, Spinal, Urology and ENT. We have had a recent Theatre refurbishment to further upgrade our theatre environment and bringing innovative technology to our hospital.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide exemplary planned care for patients and assist in the management and organisation of care provision in the operating theatre.
- Prepare the anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to equipment and supplies required for specific procedures.
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way
- Perform anaesthetic duties across a range of specialties
Who we're looking for:
- You will be a HCPC registered ODP or an NMC registered Nurse with no restrictions
- A minimum of 2 year’s experience
- Excellent communication and organisation is key to continue our high standards of patient care.
- You will be working across different specialities and flexibility is required
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Scott Faith 07599105798 or [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Health Care