Halliwell Homes are looking for a Therapeutic Parent Waking Night to join our team based in Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we will offer a competitive rate of £23,750 (pro-rata based on 40 hours, 4 on 4 off).
Who are Halliwell?
Halliwell Homes are a social enterprise that offers a clinically informed practice encompassing educational, clinical and residential care services. Our objective is to enhance the psychological wellbeing of children within the care system through our Restorative Parenting recovery programme.
Benefits of joining us as our Therapeutic Parent Waking Night:
- Extensive in-house training and be supported throughout to develop your career up to Level 7
- Free Staff Counselling Service
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme
- Competitive rates of pay
About the Therapeutic Parent Waking Night role
You will deliver Halliwell’s Restorative Parenting recovery programme offering sensitive and caring re-parenting to children aged between 4 and 12 (at the time of placement) who have experienced trauma in their lives. You will be caring for children who can at times display complex and challenging behaviours.
Responsibilities of our Therapeutic Parent Waking Night will include:
- Offering therapeutic parenting techniques to meet the children's social, emotional, cultural and educational needs
- Assisting in running the home, completing security checks on the premises, ensuring a safe and secure environment and completing duties such as domestic duties and paperwork/record keeping, working closely with onsite managers, clinical and education teams to provide tailored psychological recovery programmes for each child
- Ensuring a therapeutic, safe, healthy and homely environment is in place at all times to meet Ofsted’s Quality Standards
- Working at any one of Halliwell’s residential homes in the Greater Manchester region (Rossendale, Cheadle, Hyde)
Skills and experience required by our Therapeutic Parent Waking Night:
- Ideally, a graduate with a relevant degree e.g. psychology and childcare and are keen to study towards a post-graduate qualification
- A willingness to undertake studying to a minimum of a level 3 qualification (Halliwell would support study up to postgraduate level)
- You need to be passionate about delivering real psychological recovery for children within the looked after system
- Experience working with children, preferably in environments with challenging behaviour
- GCSE Maths and English C or above or equivalent
- Full UK driving license
- Willing to complete professional development and training programme
If you feel that you can make a difference to a child’s future by being a positive role model as our Therapeutic Parent Waking Night, then click apply now – we’d love to hear from you!
Halliwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Disclosure
General Certificate Of Secondary Education