Are you a Trainer / Training Officer / Training Manager with experience of delivering social care training? We're recruiting for a Training Coordinator for a leading care provider in Bristol. As the Training Coordinator you'll be responsible for the organisation and delivery of in-house training, which will include inductions/care certificate, refresher training and bespoke training dependent on the client's individual needs. You'll also be responsible for the administration and record keeping of the training department. There is an option to work either 4 days a week or 5 days a week - the full time salary is £20-25,000, which will be pro-rata'd if you want to work 4 days instead.
The Training Coordinator role
As the Training Coordinator you'll be responsible for the training function in a leading social care provider. You'll both arrange and deliver training to staff to ensure that they can perform their roles to the best of their ability.
You'll be based at their offices in Bristol, but will on occasion travel to deliver bespoke training pieces
We're ideally looking for this role to be 4 days a week (salary for 4 days is £16,500) however my client can consider applicants wanting 5 days by adding additional responsibilities.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Build and promote a rolling programme of training
- Improve on the quality of the service by developing further training sessions Improve training material / delivery format to ensure the interest of the audience is captured and maintained.
- Analysis of training records and keep organisation Training matrix updated and provide regular reports to Senior Management team
- Delivery of induction training - inclusive of moving and handling, infection control, National Care Standards for care, dementia awareness, care certificate
- Ensure that all care workers complete their induction training and assess their knowledge and understanding of what they have learnt by reviewing their written work
- Liaising with operations managers, quality assurance manager and co-ordinators
- Oversee and Manage the personal development of staff (using internal systems). Keep abreast of supervisions, PDPs and Appraisals and ensure that line managers are aware of when they need to be undertaken in line with the Company's expectations and that actions are implemented to support the staff members to continue their development during their employment.
- Meet with staff and support them to develop their skills. This may include sourcing additional external training to enable them to progress to their maximum potential.
- Ensure work is recorded accurately and appropriately in compliance with the organisation requirements
- To ensure that the NMDS is continuously updated and that all requirements are met to enable the Company to reclaim and funding that it is eligible for.
The Successful Candidate
- We're looking for an experienced Trainer in health and social care. You'll have worked in a role such as Trainer, Training Coordinator, Training Manager
- You'll have a good understanding of legal requirements and inspection requirements as specified in Health and Social Care Act 2004.
- You'll have experience of the organisation and administration of the training function, ideally of an in-house training service.
- You'll be a car driver with your own vehicle.
Interested? To be considered please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment. For more information please call me on [Click here to apply]
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.