This is an exciting opportunity to join an established Nursing Home as a Unit Manager - RGN/RMN. Working for this Leading Care Provider you will be instrumental in the provision of care and therefore it is desirable that you have a proven track record working in a similar position within the care sector.
As a Unit Manager - (RGN/RMN) your main duties will be:
- To communicate information accurately on patient care to the patient, families, internal and external professionals, including commissioners whilst maintaining confidentiality and adhering to the principles of Information Governance
- To report and record incident and accidents in accordance with policy and procedures
- To administer drugs and checking/ preparations in accordance with Company policy and procedures and NMC guidelines.
- Pre-admission assessments
- Become knowledgeable in policies, procedures and CQC compliance
- Order and monitor medications for residents within Assisted Living
- Where necessary refer residents and liaise with external Health Care Professionals
- Supervising and training of junior team members if needed
Desirable Skills and Necessary Qualifications as a Unit Manager:
- Registered Nurse (RGN/ RMN/RNLD)
- Current NMC PIN
- Possess good judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Good communication and English language skills
For more information on this role please contact Nathan.
Optima Nursing & Care Services Ltd is an employment agency with a legitimate interest in providing work finding services. Please be advised that by submitting your CV to Optima, directly or via any of our job advertisement platforms, your personal data will be held on our secure internal CRM. Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties without your consent. As an individual, you have the right to withdraw consent for your details to be held on our database at any time
Complex Problem Solving