Unit Manager RMN
£43,680 per annum – plus company benefits
Newly commissioned dementia / challenging behaviour unit
Full Time, Permanent
RMN QUALIFICATION IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS ROLE AS WELL AS AN ACTIVE PIN.
NEWLY COMMISSIONED MALE ONLY UNIT
Unit Manager RMN role:
We are looking to hear from self-motivated, driven, enthusiastic and caring individuals who are looking for an opportunity as a Unit Manager. This is a newly commissioned specialist 19 bedded male only unit, supporting adults with dementia and challenging behaviours.
We are looking for an active RMN qualification, as well as experience of supporting clients with behaviours that challenge as well as supporting clients with dementia.
The unit will be based within a large home and will run as a separate unit. The Unit Manager will report into the Home Manager and will be responsible for providing care and support to residents who have very specialist needs with best possible care.
Duties and responsibilities
* Ensure the highest possible standards of care - continually assessing residents' needs and wishes, developing services to enhance their quality of life.
* Champion independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
* Build the positive reputation of the Business and unit; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders. Ensure team communication is professional and considered.
* Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge. For example psychological considerations, safe custody of property, pain management and dignity.
* Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
* Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
* Set in place rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to our residents and employees.
* Proactively monitor all standards of care; undertaking audits and implementing corrective action where appropriate.
* Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
Required Skills/Experience for Unit Manager:
* RMN with active NMC PIN
* Experience of dementia and with people who have behaviours that can be challenging
* Proven track record of managing staff teams
* Self-motivated, resilient, and well-organised
* Dependable and honest
* Able to work well under pressure and flexible to meet the needs of the residents and the home.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Experienced in risk assessments, care planning, safeguarding, CQC regulations, quality and compliance.
Company Benefits for Unit Manager:
* Pension scheme
* Excellent holiday entitlement
* Internal training academy offering bespoke training packages and comprehensive induction
* Career pathway programme
* Fully funded DBS
* Excellent work environment
* Free onsite parking
* Supported by a dedicated head office team including Maintenance, HR, Recruitment and Payroll
If this Unit Manager job sounds like you then please click apply now!
MRB Health & Social Care Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer