1. A Village Healthcare Lead will be based in the Village Healthcare Centre in Cawston House to provide 24 hour, 7 day a week emergency response service which can be accessed by residents in any of the following ways:
activating your emergency call system within your home
calling into the Village Healthcare Centre.
2. If a call requires the attendance of the emergency services, the Village Healthcare Lead will assist the residents by:
calling the emergency services
staying with the resident to provide re-assurance / support until the emergency services arrive
if the emergency requires, calling the next of kin
3. In the event of an incident that requires attendance by the GP, the Village Healthcare Lead will:
call the GP and arrange an appointment for home visit
4. From information given by the GP, District Nurse, External Domiciliary care companies, or discharge services arranged by a Hospital, they will provide emotional help and support to residents.
5. Changing only minor dry dressings as outlined in their first aid training.
6. Ensuring repeat prescriptions are collected and forwarded to the Pharmacy for delivery to the Village.
7. Informing residents of the availability of free annual flu vaccinations at the GP Surgery.
8. Assisting the resident with advice on information regarding post operative care provision delivered by the NHS or by another provider in line with the discharge plan when residents come home from hospital.
9. Under GP direction take readings for resident’s blood pressure, temp etc.
10. Co-ordinate any health care promotional activities with the GP or other external suppliers.