This is your opportunity to assist in the fight against Covid in delivering testing
This would involve becoming familiar with the whole area including use of LIMS to log samples, analysis of naso/oropharyngeal swabs, use of real-time PCR and all other associated work to deliver this service.
There may also be a requirement to undertake some food-based virology work.
Assistance in matters related to Quality and Accreditation in the Virology Group and the wider microbiology department if required.
Main Duties (including % of time spent)
* Logging COVID-19 samples in the LIMS system (10%)
* Carrying out technical work related to the analysis of NP COVID-19 swabs (70%)
* Day-to-day maintenance of the Virology facilities including stock taking, calibration of equipment and detailed record keeping (20%)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* MSc in Food Science/Virology or equivalent with 1-year minimum practical experience
* Experience in ISO accredited virus detection methodology and virology techniques, including real-time PCR detection techniques.
* Familiarity with work under ISO17025 accredited laboratories, including managing ISO accreditation processes, familiarity with BRC and ISO standards related to viruses.
* Competence in data analysis and interpretation, communication of results to supervisor.
Parking available on site
Indicative Salary Range: £(Apply online only)
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position