VP of Early Drug Development and formulation
My client is a contract research organisation (CRO) that specialises in analytical services, clinical manufacturing, formulation development, Formulation developability and advanced API characterisation .
This role is key to ensuring that all client projects, internal research, and development projects are conducted in line with internal policies, meet client’s specifications, and are delivered on time and in budget. You will provide technical input and guidance in developing, designing formulation of new API products as well as manage team of over 20 high qualified scientists and formulators.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities Include:
* Lead the Early drug Formulation & Developability organization within the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing Business Unit.
* P&L accountability. Responsible for managing budgets at Development Operations Level, project and department level, including outsourcing budgets.
* Recruit, motivate and develop talented individuals for leadership and succession roles within the department.
* Act as expert representative of the Formulation Development Area in presentations to external companies/clients.
* Provide technical leadership to implement new technologies and state-of-the-art equipment, with particular focus on enabling drug delivery technologies.
Education & Background Requirements
* Demonstrate Extensive industrial experience in formulation development and managing team performance, projects and output within a CDMO/CRO environment
* SME in Pre-formulation, formulation and developability
* Degree or Phd in scientific discipline – Pharmacy, chemistry or equivalent
* A strong scientific and technical knowledge in Pharmaceutical Development, formulation design is essential.
* Strong numeracy skills and the ability to generate financial and revenue recognition tracking sheets.
* Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
If you believe you hold the relevant background experience and looking for a new role as VP of Early Drug Development and formulation within successful and growing CRO then this is the role for you.
About us: Templarfox is a privately owned recruitment business leading in executive search, management selection, Salary benchmarking and Business development services across pharmaceutical, Medical devices and Biotechnology . The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK and on this occasion TemplarFox Consultancy is acting as an employment agency