We are recruiting for Waking Nights Support Workers on behalf of a client to join them and provide support for people with learning disabilities. These roles are offered on a full, part and casual basis with hours available over a seven day, 24 hour rota.
- Salary of £9.20 - £9.50 plus enhanced night-time pay
- Contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive employee assistance programme
- Excellent training to ensure you have all the skills you require to succeed
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Contracted hours to suit both the people we support and your circumstances
- Holiday accrued for hours worked (28 days pro rata equivalent)
As a Support Worker, you will work as part of a team to provide assistance to four ladies with learning disabilities and complex needs.
Delivering person-centred support, you will ensure that respect, dignity and choice are at the heart of the support you offer and you enable the ladies to enjoy their home and local communication.
Daily support will include personal care, meal preparation, home support and leisure and social activities.
Additionally, you will:
- Work with support plans that are tailored to each individuals’ likes and dislikes
- Engage in meaningful activities in everyday life and access the community
- Promote independence and maintain life skills
- Motivate individuals to achieve their goals
- Build strong relationships whilst maintaining solid family connections.
- To be patient, friendly and understanding
- Good communication skills
- A positive and resilient attitude
- Experience is desirablenut not essential, full training can be provided.
- Being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement due to the personal care nature of the roles. As such, only female applicants will be progressed