Ward Host | Customer Service | Full Time, Permanent | 37.5 hours p/week | Enhanced Pay – 30% - 60% | Bristol | Free Parking, Excellent Benefits |
Spire Bristol Hospital is expanding the scope of services we offer our patients and are looking for two Hotel Services Assistant to provide a quality food and beverage service to patients and visitors at ward level. You will also be tasked with maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the hospital. When working any unsocial hours or weekends depending on the rota you will be offered an enhanced pay which can be between 30% - 60% added onto your hourly rate.
With 76 beds, 5 operating theatres, and the only private hospital in the South West with an Intensive Care Unit, Spire Bristol Hospital has been providing excellent care, expertise and knowledge in a supportive and progressive environment for over 32 years.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for taking meal orders from patients and visitors on a daily basis.
- Observe all dietary requirements as identified on nurses list and ensure patient’s menu choice is compatible.
- Responsible for offering and serving refreshments before and after a meal and as required at patients or visitors requests.
- Responsible for washing, drying and putting away of returned trays, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Ensures cleaning jobs are completed and signed for in accordance with cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Complete cleaning schedules related to the shift, ensuring rooms are ready as needed and public areas are clean
Who we're looking for:
- Strong customer service skills with a keen eye for detail
- Previous experience in Hospitality (Cafes, restaurants, hotels or care homes) is desirable
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of customers at all levels
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, both internally and externally
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
• 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
• Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
• ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
• Free Bupa wellness screening
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role please contact Faye Nasser at [ Link removed ]
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Attention To Detail
- Catering/Hospitality Work
- Customer Service
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Team Working