NW8, St John's Wood, Greater London
£40,000 - £48,576 / year
Job Title: Hospice Inpatient Ward Manager
Salary: £48,576 DOE
Location: 60 Grove End Road, St John’s Wood, London NW8 9NH
We are currently looking for a dynamic and dedicated Senior Nurse to provide clinical leadership for the Inpatient Unit at St John’s Hospice. You will have responsibility for the delivery of patient-focused programmes of care, which address the complex and changing health needs of patients admitted to the unit. The post-holder will work as an expert practitioner, displaying excellent communication in providing skilled leadership, support and guidance to the nursing team.
The Hospice consists of 19 bedded Inpatient Unit, Clinical Day Services, a multi-disciplinary Community Team and Lymphoedema Services maintaining highest standards of palliative care. Services are provided for people with cancer, HIV and other life threatening illnesses and for their significant others.
Patient are admitted to the Hospice Specialist Palliative Care Inpatient Unit for assessment, symptom control, terminal care, rehabilitation, respite care and medical interventions from a wide catchment area of five Clinical Commissioning Groups of Central London. West London, Brent, Camden, and Islington.
The post-holder will be responsible for the day-to-day line management of a team of Senior Staff Nurses, Staff Nurses and healthcare assistants, ensuring the delivery of consistently high standard of care for patients and their families.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our luxury private Hospital has an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients and is unique in that all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
What would be my responsibilities be my responsibilities as Hospice Inpatient Ward Manager:
* Manage people and financial resources to ensure the effective operation of the team for which he/she is responsible. Ensure effective skill-mix and appropriate caseload management at all times
* Allocate work and assess performance of the team members objectively against set criteria/competencies. Be responsible for ensuring that individual Performance Review and Personal Development Plans are completed
* Demonstrate excellent personal communication
* Be responsible for the standard of nursing care delivered in work area. Display evidence that staff provide holistic, evidence-based, patient-centred care.
* Demonstrate that patients are involved in both decisions affecting their care and well-being and in service development
* Be responsible for the standards of cleanliness in the clinical area and for a well-maintained Ward/Department environment
* Prioritise workload to meet targets
* Be responsible for ensuring the clinical area practices within Data Protection/Confidentiality principles
* Promote interdisciplinary working, with outcomes aimed at the best interest of patients.
* Demonstrate specialist palliative care expertise and professional knowledge acquired through post registration academic, clinical, leadership and management development
Am I the right person for this Hospice Inpatient Ward Manager?
* Registered Nurse
* Current NMC registration in adult or general nursing
* Educated to first degree level or equivalent
* Advanced Communication Skills
* Significant post qualification/registration experience in specialist nursing field
* Experience in facilitation, teaching, assessing, coaching
* Experience of Leadership/Management
* Expert clinical skills in speciality
* Demonstrates ability to place patient and family at centre of care
* Ability to facilitate and support learning
* Excellent personal and communication skills
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Motivated and enthusiastic
* Ability to critically analyse research and evidence-based practice
* Experience of successful Change Management
* Knowledge of audit process
* Understanding of Budget Management
* Understanding of HR Policies and Procedures
* Knowledge of COSHH procedures and Risk Management
Why work for us as a Hospice Inpatient Ward Manager?
At our Hospital we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension, to providing short-term accommodation for new starters.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Ongoing training and development programmes and a genuine commitment to continuous professional development
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you