We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care. We are happy to consider candidates from a mental health or learning disabilities nursing background, as well as Allied Health professionals
***We are offering £2,000 Annual Retention Bonus (£1,000 paid every 6 months), as well as up to £6,000 relocation support***
You’ll be working 40 hours a week (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm and covering bleep one day per week) at Cygnet Hospital Beckton. Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London. We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; PICU, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs.
Upping Ward is our brand new, 15 bed, Intensive Support Service for women with a diagnosis of personality disorder and complex mental health needs. The service aims to meet the needs of service users who experience difficulties engaging in therapeutic programmes, or who may have previously had inappropriate placements. The ethos of the ward is provision of service in a safe and less restrictive setting and offers a broad range of therapeutic approaches.
This is a unique opportunity to work within forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creativity; we are looking for a motivated leader to share our passion for new ideas and drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours (one day per week 7:30am – 8:00pm)
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with ClassPass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- Plus much more
- A qualified RMN / RNLD with a valid NMC pin number or a qualified Allied Health Professional with a valid HCPC registration
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Click the link to apply or forward a copy of your CV to
- Change Management
- Clinical Works
- Forensic Sciences