CAPTION: Job details
Posting date: 12 July 2019
Salary: £43,412 per year
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 11 August 2019
Location: BN6 9LE
Company: Priory Group
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: PRI[Click here to apply]
Apply for this job
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, HDU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Ward Manager to join our team!
As a Ward Manager, you will become a crucial part of Priory Hospital Burgess Hill's multi-disciplinary team. You will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional care to our patients and will manage the day to day running of the ward. You will be a dynamic individual with a flexible approach, who possesses excellent leadership and management skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure and problem solve.
This role involves:
* Planning and co-ordinating the quality and management of nursing care, patient care and the clinical environment
* Rota management
* Quality improvement objectives
* Participating fully with the multidisciplinary team and level 2 on-call rota requirements
* Undertaking direct patient care where necessary
* Ensuring the ward complies with statutory regulations, current legislation and meets quality standards
* Responsible for efficient and effective use of nursing resources
You will be fully supported to work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete an appropriate competency development portfolio. You will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, Mentorship and Appraisal.
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
What we can give you:
* Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£5000 spread over 3 years)
* Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
* Relocation Allowance (please get in touch for more details)
* Career Development through Staff Nurse Grading System
* Health cash plan and Life Assurance
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, private healthcare, Shopping discounts)
* Free meals and parking on site whilst on duty
* Registered Mental Health Nursing qualification
* Currently registered with the NMC
* Computer literate
* 2+ years' experience working in a supervisor position
* Working within a clinical setting, relevant to the post
* Evidence of CPD
* Experience supervising nursing staff
If you would like to learn more please get in touch with our team on [Click here to apply]
, or email [Click here to apply]
We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways: [Click here to apply]
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for this job
« Return to the search results
* Save to favourites
* Print this job
* Share this job via email
* Report this job
* Ward Manager | Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
Haywards Heath, RH16 4BE
* Ward Sister
Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1UD
£33,000 to £38,000 per year
* Ward Sister - Haywards Heath
Burrell Rd, Haywards Heath, RH16 1UD
* Registered Mental Health Nurse - Female DBT Ward
Burgess Hill, West Sussex, BN6 9LE
£27,824.00 to £33,153.00 per year
* Registered Mental Health Nurse - Acute Ward
Hassocks, West Sussex, BN6 9LE