Ward Manager | Surgical Ward | Band 7 dependent on experience | Liverpool | Full Time
Due to internal movement, we are recruiting a Ward Manager to join our forward thinking and supportive team in Spire Liverpool
Spire Liverpool Hospital, offers a comprehensive range of medical and surgical treatments to patients from Merseyside. We pride ourselves on patient care with clinical excellence at the heart of what we do.
Our vision is to be recognised as a world class healthcare business bringing together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient.
Duties and responsibilities:
To ensure the teams deliver effective patient care by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership. You will be required to:
- Develop practice in the assessment of health and wellbeing needs
- Develop practice in addressing individual’s health and wellbeing needs
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
- Develop own knowledge and practice and assist others to continually professionally develop
- Develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security
- Develop and improve services
- Support and enable equality, diversity and rights
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices
Who we're looking for:
- Registered Nurse with Level 1 or 2 Degree or Diploma in Nursing Studies Mentorship Qualification (or working towards)
- Managerial experience and leadership skills
- Greater than 5 years post registration experience in a surgical setting
- Committed to own personal professional development and that of all department staff
- Teaching and assessing qualification
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sarah Whittaker at Spirehealthcare.com or call 07525887973
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications