Ward Manager | Surgical Ward | Band 7 dependent on experience | Liverpool | Full Time
Due to internal movement, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Ward Manager for our mixed surgical wards to join our forward thinking and supportive team at Spire Liverpool
We are seeking to recruit a Ward Manager for our 36 bedded inpatient service. We are looking for a Ward Manager with strong clinical leadership skills and knowledge within an elective surgical setting as well as an ability to support service developments. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, be highly motivated, flexible and enjoy leading a busy, enthusiastic team.
Duties and responsibilities:
To ensure the teams deliver effective patient care by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership. You will be required to:
- Lead clinical practice ensuring the delivery of a high standard of patient centred care
- Manage staff performance to ensure high clinical standards are maintained utilising review systems such as appraisal and professional development.
- Ensure patient’s privacy is maintained and religious and cultural beliefs are respected at all times.
- Promote and maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients, staff and families.
- Be responsible for ensuring quality care delivery within the ward through the audit of nursing practice and implementation of evidence based clinical research.
- Promote effective communication to ensure a cohesive and seamless approach to care.
- Responsible for ensuring that performance data is recorded effectively in order to monitor and evaluate activity within the ward area.
- Responsible for performance management and obtaining Key performance indicators within the unit.
- Facilitate the partnership approach between patient, parents and all professionals involved in their care, to provide a positive patient experience.
- To participate / undertake risk management assessments at local level and develop strategies to improve quality care, this would include clinical risks and RCA.
Who we're looking for:
- Registered Nurse with Level 1 or 2 Degree or Diploma in Nursing Studies Mentorship Qualification (or working towards)
- Managerial experience and leadership skills
- Greater than 5 years post registration experience in a surgical setting
- Committed to own personal professional development and that of all department staff
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sarah Whittaker at Spirehealthcare.com or call 07525887973
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Practices
- Clinical Research
- Clinical Works