Ward Sister | Surgical Ward | Band 6 equivalent| Hastings| Training and Development opportunities
Are you a Senior Nurse looking for your next career move or perhaps you are already working in a similar capacity? If so The Spire Sussex Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Ward Sister to join our experienced and dynamic team. Working with a wide variety of specialisms you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment. You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the regions most experienced Consultants, covering a varied and diverse caseload.
The Spire Sussex hospital in Hastings is rated an ‘Outstanding’ hospital by the CQC. It is a 29 bedded hospital that offers outpatient and inpatient services for a range of specialties, including Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, Urology, ENT, Cosmetic and General Surgery.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the team which includes clinical and non-clinical personnel to provide the highest standards of care, safety and service to patients, relatives and other customers such Consultants, using a philosophy of care endorsed within the hospital which will be underpinned by policy, procedures, protocols, business strategies and imperatives
- Provide clinical leadership of the highest calibre to ensure the highest standards of nursing care are consistently provided to all patients attending the clinical setting
- You will also develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety, security and infection control, lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices and plan, allocate, assess, and provide feedback to team members
Who we're looking for
- Current NMC registration with no restriction on practise
- Experience of working within Surgical/HDU/ERU settings
- Good management experience in a similar role, with proven ability to lead a team and develop nursing services
- With excellent organisational and communication skills they will also be required to manage a complex service while ensuring a gold standard of care for all patients throughout their stay
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of
everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Sherine Lowers @ [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications