Ward Sister | Band 6/7 dependent on experience plus joining bonus | Edinburgh | Full Time
Spire Edinburgh has expanded its services and as a result, we have a brand new opportunity for a Ward Sister. This is an excellent opportunity for experienced healthcare professionals to join our team and play a critical role in this period of growth!
Murrayfield hospital was established as a purpose-built hospital in 1984, conveniently located in the west of Edinburgh. In 2015 our consulting rooms had a £1 million refurbishment. In 2010 we opened Shawfair Park Hospital, a day case facility, based in southeast Edinburgh. Each of our hospitals practices some of the most advanced treatments supported by the latest generation imaging and diagnostic technology. This means we offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading-edge surgical procedures and cancer care.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the team which includes clinical and non-clinical personnel to provide the highest standards of care, safety and service to patients, relatives, and other customers such as Consultants, using a philosophy of care endorsed within the hospital which will be underpinned by policy, procedures, protocols, business strategies and imperatives
- Provide clinical leadership of the highest caliber to ensure the highest standards of nursing care are consistently provided to all patients attending the clinical setting
- You will also develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety, security, and infection control, lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas, and work practices, and plan, allocate, assess, and provide feedback to team members
Who we're looking for:
- Current NMC registration with no restriction on practice
- Experience of working within Surgical/HDU/ERU settings
- Good management experience in a similar role, with proven ability to lead a team and develop nursing services
- With excellent organizational and communication skills they will also be required to manage a complex service while ensuring a gold standard of care for all patients throughout their stay
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employee's well-being through work-life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Andy on [ Link removed ] or 07885709282
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications