Warehouse Supervisor - GMP
A very reputable and established Biotechnology firm; based between Chelmsford and Colchester; is hiring a capable Warehouse Supervisor to join their GMP facility.
Purpose of Role:
The Warehouse Supervisor at the Company’s Braintree site will supervise the Warehouse team in the activities related to direct GMP warehousing and any associated Supply Chain activities, ensuring the generation and timely release of vaccine, therapeutic products, or trial batches from the Warehouse area. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the Warehouse operations and will also support the Supply Chain & Planning Lead with the management of a local S&OP process and MRP system, as well as managing inventory and shipping.
* Drive agreed actions to establish and maintain a capable trained GMP warehouse team. Supervise this team accountable for all aspects of inventory management and warehouse operations.
* Attend site meetings and represent the department at internal meetings, which may include Management Review and Planning & Project specific meetings, and this will be done as required.
* Provide subject matter expertise associated Warehouse equipment for change control proposals and business projects,
* As part of the role, you will be expected to represent the Warehouse department during internal audits and the company at regulatory inspections (i.e., MHRA), respond to questions, co-ordinate responses and corrective actions as appropriate,
* Generation of, local control, and accurate completion and timely review of departmental related documentation, including the process batch records and. area SOP’s / log books.
* Ensure compliance of the Warehouse unit with all necessary regulations. Including the completion of documentation and records that are accurate and to a high standard.
* Materials transfer across site (buffers / media).
* Ensure that the Warehouse area is operated day to day in a safe manner in line with local COSHH and risk assessments.
* Ensure the Warehouse area is operated day to day with appropriate housekeeping along with defined cleaning / disinfection scheduled to maintain the area GMP status. • Provide data and initial analysis for process monitoring and trend analysis.
* Promote continuous improvement within the manufacturing function and drive the team to implement lean working, lead root cause investigations, reviews of existing processes and systems and generate actions to drive improvement and ensure appropriate standards are met.
* Ensure Performance & Absent management of the team is compliant with all relevant polices and that these are adhered to by direct reports.
* Meet staffing and talent needs by coaching and developing existing staff whilst supporting recruitment of new talent to fill competency gaps.
* Proven experience of implementing and utilising a range of methods in support of activities associated with the requirements within a GMP warehouse facility.
* Proven experience of ensuring that Warehouse facilities are maintained and fit for purpose based on regulatory requirements.
* Generate, review, and approve documentation with regard to risk assessments and cGMP, e.g., Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), User Requirement Specifications (URS’s) and validation/operator qualification protocols and reports.
* Responsible for the inventory management, procurement, and provision of all consumables, supplies etc. required for the processes and documented storage of materials generated.
* Ensure that the GMP warehouse is kept clean and well organized.
* Provide reports through data analysis using software to meet production schedule targets and lead on preparation of any required presentations.
* Warehouse management experience from within in a pharmaceutical or other highly regulated environment, with knowledge of current regulatory guidelines associated with practices.
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
* Knowledge of GMP pharmaceutical production, and knowledge of HSE, lean manufacturing and Quality Systems.
* Self-motivated, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to prioritize effectively and work to tight deadlines.
* Ability to problem solve and make informed decisions.
* Demonstratable key supervisory qualities whilst ensuring accountability for all Warehouse related actions.
* Excellent technical writing skills and a high level of attention to detail
Education / Qualifications
* Degree or equivalent qualification is desirable
* Current and valid forklift truck driver’s license is a must
* Experienced with GMP Good Manufacturing Practice
* Full driver license with categories B & C1
* Experience of working in a laboratory/ biopharmaceutical environment would be desirable
Warehouse, Supervisor, Team Lead, GMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, Fork Lift, Biotech
Certified Global Meeting Planner
Good Manufacturing Practices
Medicines And Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (Mhra) Guides